Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_2_] Bob Minchin[_2_] is offline

Default So who's paying for this bit of ecobollox ... ?

T i m wrote:
On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 17:42:28 +0000, Bob Minchin
wrote:

T i m wrote:
On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 09:24:01 -0700 (PDT), "js.b1"
wrote:

Of course electricity companies prefer not building new plant, so
shovel out ridiculous 4W 5W 7W 9W 12W bulbs. They are quite useless
and the light can be very harsh on the eyes compared to a proper soft-
tone shell.
Ooo, where can you get 4W BC CFLs from as the 8Ws we have on
dusk_to_dawn auto switches in the front and rear lobbys are way too
bright. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

CPC have some 3W BC candle (ish) lamps at 95p in their latest flyer
part no LP0264703

These:?

http://tinyurl.com/yktgn38

They look like they would be ideal but I've not ordered from them for
yonks. What are the delivery costs like?

Cheers, T i m

I think it is post free over £50 vat ex.
They have so much useful stuff though it is almost impossible not to
spend £50!!
Part numbers are two letters and 5 digits
The extra two digits of the part number are the promotion code -
currently 03. So what ever you are considering buying, put 03 on the end
and it might be cheaper.

If you don't want to fill up the order value to £50 then Toolstation
have similar lamps at £2.98 retail at the shops and post free over £10
HTH

Bob