Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default So who's paying for this bit of ecobollox ... ?

"Clive George" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

But my point is that a friend of mine got nicked there a few days back.
He was coasting down from the preceding 40mph limit, to the 30mph one he
was entering.

Why wasn't he coasting down to hit 30 at the sign, rather than later?

Because for the 35 years that we have both lived here, the 30mph limit
started at a sensible place just outside the village limits, and where there
was no habitation. Then, a few weeks ago, they decided to revise all the
limits, and their positioning, and have now moved this limit back a
ludicrous distance until it starts probably a quarter mile outside the
village on a piece of road that was formerly limited at 50mph. When you've
been used to driving on a particular piece of road in a particular way, for
35 years, it's actually quite difficult to adjust without having to think
about it all the time. Plus of course, we all live in the real world, where
theory is fine, but often not quite so realistic in practice ...

Arfa