Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott M Scott M is offline

Default B&Q self checkout machines

Dave Liquorice wrote:

How long have scroll wheel mice been about? Why hasn't the interface
had this added?

Maybe 10 years. But it's to do with the way Windows messages are sent
from OS to apps so I suppose adding a patch for mice wheels is seen as
inelegant at MS (like that normally worries them!!)

Does it add automatic focus switch (after a few seconds) on mouse
over?
Having to click a window (and selecting something or perform another
unintended action is a right PITA. I guess most doze users haven't
used anything other than doze so don't realise how awful it really
is.

Personally, like Clive, I've never got on with that option but it is
already available in Wind95-XP (dunno about Vista, never used it.)
Download & install 'TweakUI' from Microsoft (appears as a Control Panel
add-on) and the option's on the 'Mouse' tab of it.

--
Scott