Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Clarke Mike Clarke is offline

Default So who's paying for this bit of ecobollox ... ?

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

I have a cupboard half full of the things which have come free in the
post, or similar. They're all far too low power to be useful. If they
were 23-25W, then I could use them as 100W lamp replacements. I don't
think there's anything over 11W.

They are available but relatively expensive and not very common. Anything
over 11W needs to run cap down to avoid frying the electronics. I imagine
many shops are wary of people being unaware of the need to be cap down and
returning 20W lamps which fail rapidly when used as replacements in pendant
fittings.

--
Mike Clarke