Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So who's paying for this bit of ecobollox ... ?

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 11:53:57 -0000, Ash wrote:

Except they wern't, their log fires were not releasing fossil

carbon.
Now if they had found some black rocks and also discovered they
burn't well that would be a different matter.

So ... if they were not releasing fossil carbon, didn't have power
stations, cars, industry belching out pollution etc etc then what made
the earth warm up and bring the ice age to an end?

We are still in the last ice age. The world has been an awful lot
warmer for very long periods of time in the past. The ice ages are
relatively short.

And if the earth can heat up then why can't it now and if so there's
nothing that we can do to stop it ... or for it to return to another ice
age.

Do nothing, climate change happens:
- we run out of fossil energy
- we lose big time

Do nothing, climate change doesn't happen:
- we run out of fossil energy
- we lose

Do something, climate change happens:
- the affects might be reduced
- we migrate to a sustainable way of life
- we win

Do something, climate change doesn't happen:
- we migrate to a sustainable way of life
- we really win

--
Cheers
Dave.