Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Power controller chip to turn on ATX

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 01:07:23 -0700 (PDT), Al put
finger to keyboard and composed:

I have attached a image of the mobo with some of the IC's that seem
possible labelled.

http://www.badcaps.net/forum/attachm...chmentid=12082

Eek, you have a motherboard sitting on carpet!

Interested to know if anyone knows which IC controls the PSU and tells
it to turn on? Someone else suggested this function was handled on the
CPU since P4, but I am not sure about that.

I suspect it would involve the chipset.

This web site has a large number of circuit diagrams for pre-1999 DTK
motherboards and PSUs. It may be good for reference purposes ...

DTK Mboard circuits:
http://www.dtk.com.tw/tech/circuitm.htm

- Franc Zabkar