Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default Decorating a kitchen

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 09:53:41 +0000, Tim W wrote:
Are the walls so bad that using a matt paint wouldn't subdue any
imperfections? It's surprising how a crap wall can be quite passable with a
good matt paint.

Yes - we have an old farmhouse, which means the kitchen walls once
painted just look "rustic", not crap :-)

It does depend on how 'regular' the crappyness is, I suppose - if
it's things like the outline of where cupboards used to be etc. (i.e.
regular shapes, straight lines) then it'll probably show, but if it's just
imperfections in the finish then yes, a good paint will really sort it I
think.

cheers

Jules