Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim.... tim.... is offline

Default B&Q self checkout machines

"Frank Erskine" wrote in message
On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 23:39:28 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
had this to say:

In article o.uk,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
Quite agree. After the dreadful experiences of trying to use the ones
in Tesco I just refuse to use them anywhere. They are just so slow,
I'd rather spend the time in a checkout queue relaxed and day
dreaming than getting annoyed at a machine that can't keep up or just
takes too long to respond to each item scanned.

Both the Tesco and Sainsbury ones round here are fine.

What's the alleged advantage of an automated checkout?

The fact that almost no-one except me queues up to use them.

An advantage that will disappear when they are the only option :-(

tim