Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So who's paying for this bit of ecobollox ... ?

Andy Dingley wrote:
On 27 Oct, 11:57, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Only coal and iron reduced that to the point we are now more wooded than
at any time in the last 300 years.

We're less wooded, in terms of native hardwoods, than we were in 1914

Dont think so. Another urban myth.

If we've gained any woodland, it's since 1947 and it's upland
plantation softwoods by the forestry commision

No, its mostly by simply not farming every inch, and leaving stands of
trees to develop on scrap land - like motorway junctions.