Posted to uk.d-i-y
larkim larkim is offline

Default B&Q self checkout machines

On Oct 27, 9:50*am, mogga wrote:

the B&Q ones - the technique is to stuff up the first item and get the
girl to come and assist you with the rest of it.
--http://www.halloweenfreebies.co.ukhttp://www.holidayunder100.co.uk

Not strictly on topic, but at B&Q a few years ago I piled a load of
shopping to be scanned, with the third item being some paint remover
or white spirit, thus requiring confirmation that I was indeed over
18. The spotty youth putting the products through didn't notice the
prompt on screen, and I think the other items beeped through. I
think I saved close to £60.

I had the kids with me, so paid without too much thought to how much
it all cost, only to realise when I got home that a large amount of
the items simply hadn't been charged for as he hadn't confirmed the
prompt on screen.

I considered myself blameless - their mistake. Had I noticed at the
time I suspect I would have had a moral problem with not telling him
his mistake.

Matt