Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default 22mm Tee, but no play in the pipe?

Tim W wrote:
GB
wibbled on Tuesday 27 October 2009 10:50

I need to take a T off a 22mm pipe (and off an old imperial pipe the
same size), but it doesn't look like there will be any play in the
pipe to get the new fitting in. Any ideas?

Conex compression - you need about 1cm max play - do you not have
even that much flex?

Otherwise chop a section out and use a solder slip coupling to insert
a new bit of pipe to join into the tee (can be slid onto one pipe
fully, then slid back over the other pipe).

Chop a lump out and use plastic or a flexible connector or even a
bendy corrugated copper section.

Thx to you and Robertl - just the advice I needed. I haven't cut the pipe
yet, so I'll just try an ordinary tee first, then if that doesn't work I'll
move to plan B with the slip coupling.

BTW, is there a preferred type of plastic pipe for hot and cold feed to a
shower? In the past I've always used copper, but something flexible would
work better here.

--
Take it easy on the kid, SilverFox316; everybody kills Hitler on their
first trip.