Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B&Q self checkout machines

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 07:45:43 -0000, dennis@home wrote:

The second set of scales are the collection area.
Its supposed to stop you putting stuff on without scanning it.

If I wanted to nick summat why would I bother taking it out of the
trolly?

Different design of self op checkout. They do have the small ones
that have a basket trough, scanner, bagging area but on the big

ones
designed to take trolly loads the "bagging area" is more like 8

foot
from the the scanner.

The ones with two conveyers?

Not seen twin conveyor ones. Just a basket trough, scanner, conveyor
to bagging area or basket trough, scanner, bagging area.

The other sang is that you then have a trolley load of goods you have
paid for, all on their tod 8' from where you are just waiting for a
tea leave to pass by... And as you are doing the (slow) scanning and
making payment you then have to bag and load the trolly, a task that
you do at the same time as a checkout operator is doing the scanning.

--
Cheers
Dave.