Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default So who's paying for this bit of ecobollox ... ?

"mark" wrote in message

"Tim W" wrote in message
Arfa Daily
wibbled on Tuesday 27 October 2009 01:03

I was in Dunelm today. By the checkouts, were rack upon rack of those
little pieces of the devil's work known as CFLs. A large sign at each
rack
proclaimed "11W CFL 99p each or 5 for 50p".

Bet you they are some cheap crap that will die in a month thus buggering
up
the enviroment even more... Has been my experience of similar cheap ****e
from Tescos.

--

Mine are Phillips brand. Made in P.R.C.

mark

So there we have it. Lots of responses in 12 hours, and not a single one
seems to be in favour of these dreadful things, so why are we all sitting on
our arses, and just accepting all this ecobollox, and the crap that they are
foisting on us as a result of the twisted 'science' that is man-made global
warming' ? What has happened to the spirit of the British people ? Has
membership of the EU and the fear of ever more laws to limit what we think /
say / do, completely neutered us now ?

On the speed limit thing, they have been messing with them all around our
village. They have reduced some, and shifted others such that any journey in
the area is now a highly frustrating exercise in speedo-watching, as the
local woodentops have found somewhere to hide just around a corner from
where a re-placed 30mph starts, and the local 'nothing-better-to-dos' have
joined that scheme where they get loaned a speed gun, and get to point it
importantly at hapless motorists as they come around the corner. I have
lived here for 35 years, and there is absolutely no evidence at all that
this piece of road represents any danger to anyone, nor ever has done. I
have never known it to be a stretch where people do anything other than a
safe 'instictive' speed, which if you try it, tends to be 30mph give or take
a few mph, anyway.

But my point is that a friend of mine got nicked there a few days back. He
was coasting down from the preceding 40mph limit, to the 30mph one he was
entering. A copper leapt out at him as he came round the corner, and had him
for 35mph. Ten yards further on, he would have been as close to 30mph as
didn't matter. The copper came over to him, and patronisingly asked him if
he had any idea why he had been stopped. "Now let me think ..." said my
friend. "Could it be because I was SPEEDING ... ?" The copper then went on
to try to get him to attend a speed rehabilitation course in exchange for a
reduced fine and no points. My friend told him in no uncertain terms to
stick his rehabilitation program up his arse, and to get on with writing out
the ticket, as he hadn't got time to sit there all day debating whether or
not he was a bad person in need of re-education.

Now *that's* the sort of stand we should all be taking against all this
crap, and what we would have been doing before we all got neutered by fear
of offending all these groups, or breaking laws that have been pushed
through without our knowledge, to back up this process of neutering ...

Arfa