Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Electronic service info ...

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 19:14:38 -0000, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

Is it just me, or does everyone else hate working from electronic service
manuals? Yes, I know that it's very convenient to be able to download
manuals from manufacturers, and to be able to trade them around, but boy, do
they make our life hard, or what ?

Not me. It's a rare day when I have a schematic. From my warped
perspective, any schematic, in any form, is better than nothing.

It has been created using 'virtual A4' sheets, so the many big complex
diagrams, such as the DSP board, have been spread across multiple
disconnected pages. Helpfully (Ha!) they have put little diagrams at the
left side of the sheets to indicate that what you are looking at is a big
sheet, that they've kindly rendered into little sheets for you ...

Big schematic? No problem. Get a big HP DesignJet large format
plotter. Hopefully, you have a wall big enough to hang the printed
schematic. (I cheat. I have two architects, both with big plotters,
near my office).

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D