Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Delta DP350 Power Switch - Small Saga

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 00:08:32 -0400, the infamous Gerald Miller
scrawled the following:

I said:
Since 99.9% of switches up top are not momentary, I don't see how you
could consider a foot switch more dangerous. It's the norm for all
power tools except handheld VSR drill motors.

Then Ig said:
If something happens, you would need to look for a switch and find it
with your foot etc. I do not really see the point of non-momemntary
foot switches.

And hands are much more instinct driven than feet when it comes to
something other than balance.

I dunno, Ger. I seem to instinctively tapdance around when something
goes wrong in the shop. Doesn't everyone? snort

--
The only reason I would take up exercising is
so that I could hear heavy breathing again.