Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_9_] SteveB[_9_] is offline

Default Stinger hitch?

" wrote in message
On Oct 26, 5:06 pm, "The Tagge's" wrote:
Looking at a post from a different group, someone suggested the
followinghttp://mrtrailer.com/stinger.htm
as a way of hauling heavier loads.
Basically a following axel after your drive axel, and the hitch is a few
inches behind that.
Anyone with any experience?

With a real truck, you don't need such a contraption!

Paul

Ditto that. I don't like the two small tires. Tires that size do not do
well at highway speeds, spinning at about three times the speed of the rear
wheels. There would be a big load on the bearings. Since it is in a fixed
position, the tires would scuff in turns. They would take a big blow on
uneven ground or in/outs of driveways. It is a four lug lightweight wheel,
even if it has a trailer rated tire on it. I also notice that the truck is
a 5 lug wheel with street radials. That is the low end on truck series. I
think this device invites overloading of wimpy trucks by people who don't
understand that pulling something and towing something are two different
things. Seen a lot of rigs in the ditch, and they were mostly wimpy trucks
that were overloaded.

Steve