Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default Appraisal guidelines

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 18:12:08 -0500, Wes wrote:

Wes wrote:

Why does Fladermyer guide stick in my head? I can't seem to google it at the moment. Am
I thinking of something not related?

I wasn't having a senior moment.

http://www.amazon.com/Flaydermans-An...ref=pd_sim_b_4

Wes

Flaydermans is a good base reference. However regional differences will
make a huge difference in price.

A lever action 3030, no matter what vintage, will get less money in
California (and most of the West) than one will in the East.

A Remington 600 in 350 Remington wont collect the same amount of money
in the West as it will in the Midwest

A heavy barreled 22-250 wont sell for as much in New Jersey as it will
in Nevada or Aridzona.....and so forth.

Flaydermans is a good guide for "antiques"..but its not the whole story.

Gunner

I always wanted a Winchester lever action saddle gun.
But in a 44-40 caliber rather than 30.30.