Posted to uk.d-i-y
terry terry is offline

Default So who's paying for this bit of ecobollox ... ?

On Oct 26, 10:14*pm, "Bill Wright"
wrote:
"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

The primary suspects would have to be either our government, or some
faceless eurobollox department in Brussels, but where is the money coming
from ? Out of our taxes ?

Yes. The true cost of environmentalism is being hidden from the public.
Elements are fuel tax, the proposed taxes on new cars and domestic heating,
subsidised domestic insulation, subsidised CFLs, and more.

Bill

Gee thanks for the reminder to go out here (Eastern Canada) and buy a
couple of hundred incandescent bulbs which should last the next few
years. e don't replace very many annually anyway and in any case the
incandescents comprise part of the home heating of this all electric
house!

At around one dollar Canadian per package of four. That's about 25
cents each. They come in 40, 60 and 100 watts. Six of the 40s (6 x 40
= 240 watts), for example, keep our bathroom quite warm, if left on,
so that only in the coldest weather does the 500 watt electric
baseboard heater need to cut in at all!

Since 90%+ of our electricity is hydro generated we understand that
being all-electric is a fairly 'green' way to be?