Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

Default DVD spindle motor RF300F - What does the D/V 5.9. mean?

On 26 oct, 19:27, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
"b" wrote in message

I am trying to replace the broken spindle motor in a DVD player. Thsi
is a Sony mech and the original part is RF300F, D/V 13. I have a
scrap mech with a similar motor but with label D/V 5.9 ...Is this
something to do with spindle shaft size or voltage? I'd like to avoid
going to the trouble of fitting it and learning the hard way!

TIA
-B

I don't know the answer to that question, but on a slightly different note,
before removing the turntable from the original motor, make very very sure
that you know the *exact* height above the deck that the underside of the
turntable is, and that you are able to refit the turntable to the
replacement motor, reproducing that height measurement to within a few thou.

I fitted it this afternoon after having measured the height, and so
far no probs! maybe I was lucky. thanks ,
B.