Bay Area Dave

Default Very large, Removable Router Insert Plate

Steve,

With a $10-$15 template and your router you can should be able to make a
fine fitting recess in a double layer of MDF for a commercial plate,
plus you get the added benefit of a nifty height adjuster if you get
something like a PRL or Jessem.

dave

Steve wrote:

Dave,
The logic is 'any problems with making a level, tight fitting
recess for a standard insert plate are eliminated, as well as the
cost'.

However your comments about flex, particularly under load, has
convinced me to go with a regular insert plate.

Thanks,
Steve
P.S. I'm sure just about anyone could find the space to store a
couple 3'x2'x1/4" pieces of masonite in their shop.

Bay Area Dave wrote in message .com...

You must have the luxury of a very large shop to accommodate all those
"full size" masonite zero clearance tops. I fail to see the logic in
your idea, so tell me more...like why not just use a phenolic or
aluminum insert of usual proportions instead of cutting a hole the size
of the router and hanging the router from the masonite. I would be
concerned about flexure and maintaining perpendicularity (did I make up
this word; spell checker is mystified) to the top, when the bits are
under load.

dave