Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Clint Sharp Clint Sharp is offline

Default Electronic service info ...

In message , Arfa Daily
writes
Is it just me, or does everyone else hate working from electronic service
manuals? Yes, I know that it's very convenient to be able to download
manuals from manufacturers, and to be able to trade them around, but boy, do
they make our life hard, or what ?

Datasheets, service manuals, ebooks, all bloody horrible. Nothing like
having paper in your hands that you can open out on the bench, desk
whatever and follow the information/schematic.

So as well as having to follow signal and power lines between 'real' pages,
as you would have to in a paper manual, but which was easy to do, because it
told you exactly where to go looking for the line's carry-on, you also have
to follow these lines across broken up sheets

Ahh, no. Print the relevant pages out and join them up with sellotape to
make a proper schematic. If they won't join then print them anyway and
have at it with a set of highlighters or pencil crayons so you can see
at a glance which sheet the lines go to.

Sorry lads. rant over ... :-)

No problem, it's a regular one here, I know plenty of people who hate
electronic documentation, we used to go through toner and binding
supplies like mad at our office. Some of it was even work related.

Arfa

--
Clint Sharp