Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What caused the EXPLOSION??

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/braise
You had an explosion while "To cook (meat or vegetables) by
browning in fat, then simmering in a small quantity of
liquid in a covered container." What flew? A potato, or
carrot?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"bababondoman" wrote in message
I have been hobby MIG welding for 8 years. In the last few
months I
have discovered braising with high content silver.

I wanted whatever COULD be
braised to BE braised with ease.

I used a MAP gas torch to heat the assembly.
I had braised 1/3 of the assembly when BAM!!! The small
piece SHOT off
the end with an explosion similar to a 38 pistol going
off!!! The
piece shot 20 feet and hit a wall. WHAT in the world caused
this
TOTALLY UNEXPECTED explosion? Does the STAY SILV flux become
EXPLOSIVE?