Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Appraisal guidelines

"David R.Birch" wrote:

A while back, someone posted a few suggestions for appraising a
collection, as in Joe Schmoe's widow wants to get rid of the closet
full of guns her husband shot and hunted with. I did something like
this a few years ago and was a bit put out when they sold it all to
someone else without asking if I was interested in any of it.

What I remember about the post was that there were some guidelines for
an agreement about how the appraiser would be compensated for his effort.

Anybody remember this?

I don't remember this. Do you subscribe to the cruffler list?

Don't feel bad, I apraised a widows husbands machine shop, made an offer on one item. Bid
that exact amount at the auction and lost out to the only other bidder, someone that
wanted it just a bit more than I did.

Why does Fladermyer guide stick in my head? I can't seem to google it at the moment. Am
I thinking of something not related?

From your question, I'm going to assume you are not a professional appraiser or you would
already know the answer.

Wes