Posted to uk.d-i-y
mark mark is offline

Default Owletts

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
On 26/10/09 19:37, mark wrote:
"The Medway wrote in message
. ..
mark wrote:
Couldn't find any by doing a search on the Screwfix site.
Is there another name or brand for this type of thing?

I bought 10 in Jewsons today, at a cost of £7.26, I think they must
have had Sotherbys in to value them!

Jewsons stock 'small or young owls'?

What the 'kinell is an owlet then?

oops I meant Owlett

Do you mean some particular type of ironmongery product manufactured by
Owlett Jaton? Metal fence post supports perhaps ...

Owlett is the name for a fixing that secures wooden doorframes or windows
to the brickwork. They are inserted as the wall is being raised, the main
part sandwiched between brickwork courses.
I now see that it is the name of the manufacturer that produces numerous
items. However 'Owlett' in the building trade is normally understood to mean
this particular fixing.

mark