Posted to uk.d-i-y
js.b1 js.b1 is offline

Default B&Q self checkout machines

On Oct 26, 6:30*pm, (Andrew Gabriel)
wrote:
I never had any trouble with them, until someone posted an
earlier winge here, since when they've been a disaster for me.
They don't work with capping and conduit either.

Same here :-)

The scales need a high level C-shaped hoop, say at 1.5m.
That way the bulk of the weight of long yet light items is maintained
downwards onto the scale, not "lost" by falling onto the framework...
or distributing themselves all over the floor.

One bloke running round all 4 machines continually overriding
incorrect weight errors.

M&S and Asda machines work ok on light items like diet hot-choc (22g?)
if you drop them into a bag, but not if you drop them onto a loose bag
which cushions their impact (not registered).

The B&Q units appear more industrial. I wonder if their scales are
capable of weighing heavier items at the expense of precision - such
as every 50g instead of every 1g like supermarkets. That might not
help discrimination of light objects.

The most laughable part of B&Q is "take your items ... ... ...
delay ... ... do not forget your receipt". I can not help thinking
it would be more logical to say "please wait for your receipt before
taking your items".

Ah, usability... that post production & commissioning process :-)