Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default B&Q self checkout machines

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
"ARWadsworth" writes:
Has anyone got any idea how these Devil's scrotums work?

In theory you scan the item and place it on the scales.

The scales reject the item. You try again. The ******* thing then allows
4
items through before rejecting the 5th item and freezes up. And never try
buy dowel using one unless you want large dowel and intend to shove it up
the managers arse when the machine goes wrong.

Not a bad setup.

No tills open and 3 staff watching the 4 self checkout machines. Make
that
two staff available when one of them went to find someone that could
allow
me to buy my items.

All I need is the correct weight of a nice drill that exactly matches a
large bag of nails, swap the barcode over and I will be even with the
*******s.

I never had any trouble with them, until someone posted an
earlier winge here, since when they've been a disaster for me.
They don't work with capping and conduit either.
One bloke running round all 4 machines continually overriding
incorrect weight errors.

--
Andrew Gabriel

So the machine should be able to detect a product that has parts missing?

Adam