Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Where do I get this part for an oil furnace? Has the furnace died?

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 08:25:32 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

A heating and AC wholesale parts house might have it. Or,

I guess I should have thought of that. Thanks.

Do you know if I also need some sort of caulk or gasket to attach this
part to the firebox and to the flue? I can't see what's under the
flange, but there seems to have been nothing between the other, round
flange on this box and the flue.

I think it wore out earlier than it would have because the humidifier
overflowed on a few occasions and the top of this got wet.

I told them the problem, and said I was trying to avoid an added call
by their tech to see what is wrong, and they've postponed the
cleaning.

take a couple digicam photos and take the camera to your big
box hardware store. I know one small town hardware that has
a lot of heating parts and pieces.