Posted to rec.woodworking
evodawg[_2_] evodawg[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Bending Z Flashing

Peter Bogiatzidis wrote:

Hello,

I recently read an article somewhere about bending Z flashing using a
piece
of plywood. It may even have been one of those "reader tips" in one of
the woodworking magazines. As I recall, you cut out the size of the bend
that you want in the plywood, secure it firmly, and then pull the flashing
through the other side.

Does anyone here remember seeing the article or know where it came from? I
tried searching for it among the magazine collection and online, but came
up empty-handed.

I'd also be interested in any other techniques that are used short of
buying a brake machine.

Thanks in advance to those who post a reply to the group.

Peter.

Seems like that would work but don't remember seeing any article about it. I
know Harbor Freight sells one pretty cheap, but can understand not wanting
to invest in something you will only use once.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"