Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition” will be in Buffalo, NY Nov. 7 to Nov. 14, 2009

"DGDevin" wrote in message

I have other problems with the show, like the excessive scale of many of
the homes they build which has apparently led to some folks being unable
to handle the greatly increased property taxes. I also preferred when
they did some rebuilds rather than tear-downs, and they show so little
construction these days that the house might as well have been rolled off
the back of a truck already finished.

Most of the families need help. A few though, just seemed to negegted their
own house and let it fall apart around them. I agree on the size too. The
go from tiny to something huge to take care of.

I also don't care for the totally phony premise that the family doesn't
know they've been chosen until they hear their names being called over
Ty's bullhorn--hogwash. If you pay attention you can occasionally see
wireless mic packs on some family members as they run out of their old
house screaming, obviously they already knew what was up.

According to my source, the family is told they are a finalist, one of three
in the area that may be chosen. This allows the planning crew to have
access. They may know before the bus pulls up, but only by a very short
time. They have to meet certain guidlines in awarding the prize to be a
charitable setup for the show.