Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Attaching Threaded Rod to Timber

GMM wrote:
On 25 Oct, 18:16, Rod wrote:
I'm having a blond moment!

Want to attach a piece of M10 threaded rod between two pieces of timber.
One end I shall simply drill a hole right through and put washer/nut on
the end. But the other end needs to be secure without making a hole
right through (for aesthetic reasons). Damned if I can think of anything
suitable! I guess somewhere there might be a thing with a flange that
would screw onto the threaded rod and allow four screws into the wood?
Or a simple strip steel thing.

I do want a ready made thing for now. Not set up for backing metal at
the moment.

Any suggestions?

--
Rod

How about the fittings for attaching things like sinks to walls?
Threaded (for the nut) on one end and with a screw thread on the
other. I'm pretty certain the ones I bought a while ago (Wickes but
they have them in S/Fix / B&Q) were M10, but it rather depends on how
long you need it to be and how much thread needs to be accessible
between the two timbers.

Car body filler! Oversize the hole a little so it doesn't have to be
perfectly aligned.