Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Delta DP350 Power Switch - Small Saga

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 21:50:47 -0500, Ignoramus7950

On 2009-10-26, Larry Jaques novalidaddress@di wrote:
On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 20:18:26 -0500, the infamous Ignoramus7950
scrawled the following:

On 2009-10-25, Larry Jaques novalidaddress@di wrote:
On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 14:43:21 -0500, the infamous Ignoramus18829
scrawled the following:

Outstanding. Not to hijack the thread, but has anyone tried using a
foot pedal as a switch for a drill press.

Excellent question, Ig. I'd love floor-actuated switching for a few
tools. Do you prefer momentary or hard-switched? I think I'd like
the option for both.

I prefer momentary, personally. The pedal that would hold, seems more
dangerous than useful.

Since 99.9% of switches up top are not momentary, I don't see how you
could consider a foot switch more dangerous. It's the norm for all
power tools except handheld VSR drill motors.

If something happens, you would need to look for a switch and find it
with your foot etc. I do not really see the point of non-momemntary
foot switches.

And hands are much more instinct driven than feet when it comes to
something other than balance.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada