Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gas springs

On Oct 25, 5:58�pm, Jim wrote:
On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 11:50:17 -0700, wrote:
On Oct 25, 2:04 pm, Jim wrote:
My 16 year old steel basement entry door uses two gas springs to hold
it open. SPD-2300-12

Time has come to replace the springs as they no longer do the job
intended. My question is are gas springs a standardized product?
Namely is a 2300-120 from one supplier a match to a 2300-120 of
another?

used to repair machines that used them.

theres a wide variety of standard sizes. you might try grainger for new
ones.

replace both at once otherwise the varying strength can cause things to
cock and jam

But the primary question remains are these standardized products?- Hide quoted text -

yes, its unlikey you cant find one that works