Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Milwaukee sawzall stopped working

MiamiCuse wrote:
I have a sawzall 6509-22 and it worked great for a year...until I decided to
use it to tackle a project in the dirt. I had to work on some sprinkler
pipes and buried cast iron lines and used it for cutting. Being in south
Florida soil is mostly sand, and last time I used it I had to lay the saw in
an angle that had it sitting almost on the ground and it ended up sucking
the sand off the ground into the housing. It thought I did major damage to
it when sand blasted out of the housing on the other end but it kept on
working without any problem for the rest of the day...

then two days later I tried to turn it on and it would not turn on. It is
not power. I opened the housing and the motor is getting power. Any
thoughts as to what I can do?

I got it off ebay for $50 so I have no manuals or warranty. It's probably
easiest to just get another one and move on. Just wanted to post here in
case there may be some obviously remedy I am not aware of.

Thanks in advance,

MC

The brushes in Milwaukee tools are usually very easy to remove
and change. Did you Google a service manual? There may be extra
brushes in the brush cartridges.

TDD