Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Robert Macy Robert Macy is offline

Default Dying monitor

On Oct 24, 11:41*pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:
Dell-branded Sony Trinitron. Has been working wonderfully for many years
up until now. It's starting to turn itself off; the relay clicks, the
power light goes out and all goes dead. Turning it off for a few minutes
revives it, but I'm afraid this might be a chronic condition that will
only get worse. (It's the same relay that clicks when powered on and
when the monitor "wakes up", I assume.)

Anyone know any common causes for this, and how to fix? It's a really
nice tube, and I can't afford anything else at this point anyhow.

Is it CLEAN inside? I once found the flyback transistor getting
leaky, getting hot. But, was accompanied by distortion so was the
obvious area to look.