Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos Harold and Susan Vordos is offline

Default Atheism the fastest growing religious identification

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 08:59:48 GMT, the infamous "Harold and Susan
Vordos" scrawled the following:

"RogerN" wrote in message
news:icadncvSH4j1Cn7XnZ2dnUVZ_jidnZ2d@earthlink. com...

"Buerste" wrote in message
snip---

You are not an atheist, you are an antitheist. Atheists don't carry
the
hate baggage.

That's not hate baggage----it's wisdom.

Harold

Off Off Topic:

Harold, did you ever get anywhere with the CNC machine you were
considering?

RogerN

Got the CNC. It's sitting in the RV storage portion of my shop, but I'm
not
anywhere near ready to start learning. I'll move it to the shop and set
it
up permanently when I finish building our house, which should be sometime
around the middle of some year! :-)

Thanks for asking.

By the way, it's a HAAS TM-1, built in 2004.

Y'know, if you set it up and knocked out several runs of 100 of
something, it'd pay for the laborers to finish your house for you, and
you could oversee every step without the added sweat. Just a thought.

If you understood how I feel about machining, you likely wouldn't think
that's a good idea. I run machines because they are a means to an end.
I don't enjoy the process, and wouldn't run them for gain, even at gun
point. That's why I closed the doors on what was a very successful machine
shop.

(I know, good laborers are hard to find.)

No, not hard----impossible. I have hired very little of the work that
has been accomplished. What little I have hired has been a problem. Like
having to remove and replace roughly 40% of the screws that hold the rain
gutter in place-----due to morons that can't seem to find the end of the
roof trusses when they are exposed.

I am not willing to settle for inferior workmanship, which, from all
appearances, appears to be the norm of late, and the reason I insist that
most workmen are overpaid. Worse yet, they have no pride, nor a concept
of doing a job well.

I tend to reject offers of help, secure in the knowledge that those that
want to aren't capable of delivering what I desire, good workmanship.

Harold

--
The only reason I would take up exercising is
so that I could hear heavy breathing again.