Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Gear Motor Failure Modes?

You might want to consider some of the Oriental Motor models in your search.
New ones, at very reasonable prices used to be frequently available on eBay.
They're very reliable, fully enclosed, AC reversible PSC gearmotors with
ball bearing rotor and gear shaft support.

The OM gear boxes come in a wide variety of ratios, and mount similarly to
the Grainger example, with 4 bolts.

--
WB
metalworking projects

"Doug White" wrote in message
. ..
I found most of the nameplate data, although it was hard to read:

It's a continuous duty 115V AC reversible split cap motor, 25 in-lbs
torque, 124 RPM motor. Maxitorq seems to have gone the way of the dodo,
but Grainger has what appears to be a drop in replacement if we get
desperate:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/6Z084?Pid=search

I'm still trying to locate someone at the club who might know if we have
any spares stashed someplace. In the meantime, I'll start checking out
the surplus places Gunner mentioned and put a search up on eBay.

Thanks!

Doug White