Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Delta DP350 Power Switch - Small Saga

Brian Lawson wrote:

Hey Iggy,

I use foot switches on all three of mine. Each is actually an "air
ball pedal" with rubber tubing leading to the actual switches near the
motors. Works on the same principle as the old service station bell.
This is a safety feature that does away with the
"something-heavy/sharp-cut-the-cord-on-the-floor" electrical hazard,
and light enough to be able to easily nudge it out of the way when not
needed. They are quite light, and I had thought initially that
lightness would be annoying and maybe I should mount each on a board
or something, but so far that has not been required. Pretty sure mine
came from a place called Busy Bee Tools here in Canada, at about $15
bucks each as I recall.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

and ps to Joe Gwinn.... if you had a unit style Start/Stop originally,
you should have a big enough "hole" to mount a decent sized double
pole toggle switch, even from Radio Shack, and suing both poles you
would double the electrical life of the switch.

No, you won't 'double' the life. The switches will open or close at
slightly different times, and won't share the load equally so it will
extend the life some it will not double.