Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim W[_2_] Tim W[_2_] is offline

Default How to clear a waste-pipe?

ARWadsworth
wibbled on Sunday 25 October 2009 14:39

"Timothy Murphy" wrote in message
ARWadsworth wrote:

I have a very long (15m), almost horizontal, external waste-pipe
used to drain a washing machine in a utility-room.
The flow down this pipe does not seem as fast as it used to be.
I'm wondering what the best method is to clear the pipe?

What is wrong with a long stick?

Was this a serious suggestion?

Yes, a garden cane or similar could clear a pipe. I would then try Tim's
suggestion of a "cleaner" with the end blocked off after the stick
suggestion.

Yes... I always imagine the plumbing in my rented house - full of bends and
no inspection caps, so chemical terrorism is the only way.

But sticks/rods are good if it is straight and/or accessible via caps...

--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...