Posted to alt.home.repair
homer homer is offline

Default Kill a Watt(tm) power meters

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 23:16:31 -0500, zxcvbob
wrote:

Anybody familiar with them? Is the "EZ" (model P4460) worth an
extra $15 over model P4400?

I want to see how much electricity my freezers, TV sets, computers,
etc are *really* using, plus check the frequency stability of my
portable generator and that little inverter than I mounted in my truck.

Thanks,
Bob

It may not work on a freezer. It has built in over current protection
that kills power to the device and a freezer may be too much to
handle. I know I cant get a reading off my fridge because the
compressor start up current is over this limit.