Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default Atheism the fastest growing religious identification

snip
Off Off Topic:

Harold, did you ever get anywhere with the CNC machine you were
considering?

RogerN

Got the CNC. It's sitting in the RV storage portion of my shop, but I'm
not anywhere near ready to start learning. I'll move it to the shop and
set it up permanently when I finish building our house, which should be
sometime around the middle of some year! :-)

Thanks for asking.

By the way, it's a HAAS TM-1, built in 2004.

Harold

Way back when I was telling you about an idea to make a poor mans tool
changer. While looking up to see a Haas TM-1, I found a video where someone
done it, you might be interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3wjO0aaKLQ

If I ever get me a shop building at my current residence and get some work
going, I'd love to buy something like the TM-1. By Bridgeport seems pretty
limited without a lot of work to modify it. I could, and plan to, do an EMC
conversion, add a spindle encoder for taping, but the simple tool holder
would be difficult because of my Erickson QC 30 spindle nut system. I
wonder if anyone makes a draw bar/pull stud system for Erickson QC 30
spindles?

I think I could get some work for my machines if I had the time to run them
and felt like it. I'm just a little uneasy about going into debt to buy a
building with a concrete floor. The last price I had was around $18K for a
30 X 50 building with the concrete floor, I was figuring about $4K
additional for my wiring upgrade (100A at house to 200A) and electricals for
the building.

Maybe I'll start a new thread to discuss this and get some advise and
opinions from the folks that have done similar.

RogerN