Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Load capacity of 200-amp panel

In article ,
(Doug Miller) wrote:

In article
, Smitty
Two wrote:
In article ,
(Doug Miller) wrote:

Umm, no, actually, that's *my* point: it's counted twice. *Two* amps at
120V.

Doug, you know what you know, and you don't know what you don't know.
Evidently there's a few gaping holes in your understanding of ohm's law.
I'd have to speculate that you've never had an electronics course in
your life, because you're making some erroneous statements about some
pretty basic principles of circuit analysis.

I understand Ohm's law much better than the folks who apparently believe that
200A at 240V is the same thing as 200A at 120V.

I haven't seen anyone here claiming to believe that.

A wire capable of carrying 200 amps is capable of carrying 200 amps,
period. It doesn't matter whether it's 1 volt or 1,000,000 volts. An
ampere is defined as a given number of electrons per second.

And, in a series circuit, the current is the same throughout the
circuit. You seem to be claiming otherwise.