Posted to alt.home.repair
miamicuse miamicuse is offline

Default Chinese Drywall Houses - Will you DO ONE?

We all heard of Chinese drywalls and their issues.

Recently I saw two properties in south Florida being listed for sale and
they have this "CHINESE DRYWALL DISCLAIMER" with them. Being sold at a
substantially lower price - but market is in the tank anyways with so many
foreclosures.

My understanding is besides sheetrock replacement, you might also have to
replace all copper piping and possibly electrical wiring?

What is your opinion or rehabbing Chinese drywall houses? I know there are
many threads already on their issues and problems, but this thread is about
potentially rehabing one. Will you do it or stay away from it? Will you
not consider it at any price?

There is also safety hazard issues for the rehab workers while on the
premises.

Thanks in advance,

MC