Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos Harold and Susan Vordos is offline

Default Atheism the fastest growing religious identification

"Phil Kangas" wrote in message

"Mark Rand" On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 09:30:35 -0500, "RogerN"

t...

"Hawke" wrote in message
Faith is becoming less and less important these

days.
Thinking people would rather have facts and you don't

get them from
religion.

Hawke

Of course not. There are no facts to get. Religion

is faith based,
certainly contrived by man to dominate his fellow man.

Follow the money
and it's real obvious why religion exists.

Harold (the agnostic)

The Bible teaches to follow no man except Jesus and his

teaching was quite a
bit different than the religious leaders of his day and

this day.

You seem to be ignoring more than half of your bible :-|

Mark Rand(Hard atheist)
RTFM

Why can't we all just live by the Ten Commandments, eih? The
10 basic
'actions' on how to get along in society. It seems to me
that if someone
can recognize evil then there must be by definition an equal
but opposite
good. God is good, Satan is evil. Don't make drugs your god,
or alcohol,
or gambling, or hate or whatever. Don't be jealous of your
neighbor.
Don't kill people. Don't steal things. Don't try to take
over your neighbors
beautiful wife, go get your own. etc. etc. etc. What does
all this have to
do with religion? It doesn't matter, live by the 10 c's and
you'll live
an honest life. That's the problem, not enough people play
by these
rules. :(( phil

Heh! My wife, born and raised in the mormon church, who has now withdrawn
from its evil grasp, has an even better philosophy. Really simple, too.
The golden rule. One thing to remember----and it should come easily.

The thing I have noted mostly about "religious" folks, is that the more they
proclaim themselves to be "religious", the more they are unlike Christ.

I have very little tolerance for people that can't leave their religion at
the curb. If they expect my respect, I expect them to respect my right to
believe as I do.

Harold