Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
buerste buerste is offline

Default Atheism the fastest growing religious identification

"Hawke" wrote in message
Bu
Thanks for the clarification. Now I know I am an atheist and an
antitheist. I don't believe in gods either singular or plural. In
addition, I am vehemently anti religion. But only because I see religion
as one of the primary reasons for man's inhumanity to man. Other than
the military I see no organization more responsible for the deaths of so
many innocent people than organized religion. I hope the survey is
correct and the trend of more people believing like me continues. The
world will be a much safer place and better if they do.

Hawke

What's the difference between somebody forcing their beliefs in a
(G)god(s) on others or you guys forcing your anti-belief on others? Same
thing, except of course you are "Right" in your belief and everyone in
disagreement is wrong.

There wouldn't be a difference if that is what both groups were doing. But
they are not. Atheists simply choose not to believe in something there is
no proof of. That can't be construed as forcing anything on anybody.
Religion, not quite the same. We have the historical records of people
being burned at the stake by religious people for not agreeing with them.
Now that's what I call forcing. Being right is a different issue. If you
believe in something that is factually incorrect, well, you can't be right
then, can you?

Hawke

I know, that stake-burning thing is a real problem. Why just the other
day...

Here's an interesting story about liberal tollerance: