Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default Atheism the fastest growing religious identification

Bu
Thanks for the clarification. Now I know I am an atheist and an
antitheist. I don't believe in gods either singular or plural. In
addition, I am vehemently anti religion. But only because I see religion
as one of the primary reasons for man's inhumanity to man. Other than the
military I see no organization more responsible for the deaths of so many
innocent people than organized religion. I hope the survey is correct and
the trend of more people believing like me continues. The world will be a
much safer place and better if they do.

Hawke

What's the difference between somebody forcing their beliefs in a (G)god(s)
on others or you guys forcing your anti-belief on others? Same thing,
except of course you are "Right" in your belief and everyone in disagreement
is wrong.

There wouldn't be a difference if that is what both groups were doing.
But they are not. Atheists simply choose not to believe in something
there is no proof of. That can't be construed as forcing anything on
anybody. Religion, not quite the same. We have the historical records of
people being burned at the stake by religious people for not agreeing
with them. Now that's what I call forcing. Being right is a different
issue. If you believe in something that is factually incorrect, well,
you can't be right then, can you?

Hawke