Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default 650W 2/ genny questions

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 22:15:21 +0100, "Brian Reay"
wrote:

I've only been given the genny wondered if the DC outlet is any form
of 'std' and if so where to get a mating plug please? [1]

It is a nominal 12V, intended for charging car (type) batteries. I believe
rated at 8A.

From the specs I've seen so far I think the socket itself might be
rated at that (8A) but I think the genny outputs around 5A.

However, on measuring mine, it was just 12V (off load) so I doubt it would
be much good for charging a car battery.

Ok, worth some tests once I find a connector then (or fit an
alternative one).

Not all of the many versions have this DC output.

Ok.

Also anyone know if here is an operators and / or service manual out
there anywhere (just out of interest, there isn't much to know to use
it as such).

Try this:

http://www.screwfix.com/sfd/i/cat/pdfs/93/p3201493.pdf

Brilliant, thanks Brian. ;-)