Bay Area Dave

Default Pretty ticked off with Delta right now

I have a Unisaw and my easily (sometimes TOO easily) shuts off the saw.
Just where is your switch?

dave

V.E. Dorn wrote:

I'm the first to recognize that. This saw is made is a 3hp cabinet saw but
made in Taiwan as the primary difference, another is a chamhered edge
across the wings as well as the front of the table. The switch is in a
different place (supposedly to allow for shutting it off with the knee), a
hinged motor cover allowing pretty easy access to the inside of the cabinet
but it doesn't have the "pizaz" that the Unisaws do. According to the rep,
this saw was made to compete for the market of those who can't or won't
spend the money on a Unisaw but they don't want to lose the market share to
Jet or Grizzly. My only beef is that there was ample opportunity to tell me
about the dado width issue since I had asked specifically about it. It's
really not the inconvenience as much as it's the principal of the matter.
That said, once together, I think I'll like it.

Don

Leon wrote in message
m...

"V.E. Dorn" wrote in message

Took delivery yesterday and was a little stunned to learn that you have

buy and "accesory" arbor to use a dado stack at all. While I may very

well

like the saw (not put together yet), I don't have a good taste already
because I belive I've been deceived by their not mentioning this when I
asked. I should have looked at the arbor length when I first viewed the

saw

but the insert has a screw to prevent taking it out - and I would have

never

dreamed that it would be different than any other saw they make. Are
Unisaws this way? Thanks for letting me vent.

You may find several similarities but you do not have a Unisaw so there

will

be differences.