Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Access Panel

In article , "SBH"
wrote:

I am in the stage of painting a spare room, which, on one wall, has an
access panel to service the bathroom tub plumbing. Currently, the panel area
contains basic door trim molding with a 1/8" thick grooved board screwed
into the wall at each corner as it has been since I bought the house. I
would like to remove this set up and have a better layout which offers
easier access without the need of a screwdriver and a more stylish or hidden
design, if possible. I am also trying to avoid purchasing a specialized
sized access panel which will require cutting and modifying the current
opening area. Any suggestions for a better layout?

Thank you

I'm not sure why you'd need easier access than four screws. There's no
need to access bath tub plumbing but once every 30-50 yrs. As far as
stylish, why not have the resident artist paint the panel with a
realistic rendering of what's behind it?