Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Smart Water

"Rod" wrote in message
Kipper at sea wrote:
Any one know if Smart Water is any good on external materials such as
roof lead, cast iron drain covers lids and metal gates and seats or
just for personal property only like TV’s, laptops, camera est.
If it’s ok for external use, how is it applied and how long does it
last for out side?

Reason for asking one insurance company says " If not marked with
Smart Water 50% will be paid by the insured toward the cost of
replacement plus excess".
Wonder how long it will be before the rest of the insurance companies
follow suite.

Your post prompted me to have a look at their web site. They go on at
length about its use on exterior metals such as lead, but I couldn't find
any useful information such you asked for.

Is the insurer insisting on SW for everything or just the exterior metals?

--
Rod

I bet they have an associated company that will do it for you!