Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Anyone familiar with a Mitsubishi DA-R35 receiver or AR11s?

On 10/23/2009 7:14 PM DManzaluni spake thus:

But then the AR11s (possibly about 20 years olf?) started giving
problems: One seems OK but the other only gives a thin scratchy mid-
range sound and intermittently at that. It sounds like dirty pots or
whatever those controls are behind the three position switches? Or
does this speaker just need new caps on the crossover? Does anyone
know of any instructions on line to get at the cross-over please?
(There seems to be a vintage speaker forum with lots of dead links on
it)

I rescued a pair of AR-4xs I got realllly cheap, and both of their
treble controls were shot. I ended up just yanking them out and
disabling them (I left them in physically, just took them out of the
circuit). There's really no need for them anyhow, so far as I can tell.